Staff Reporter: 

Quetta, July 15 — Balochistan government spokesperson Shahid Rind has confirmed that concrete steps are being taken for the safe recovery of the kidnapped Assistant Commissioner from Turbat. Speaking to the media, he stated that law enforcement agencies are actively working on the matter and all possible measures are being taken to ensure his safe return.

Shahid Rind further said that on the directives of Chief Minister Balochistan, strict action has been ordered against those blocking roads, spreading unrest, and carrying out violent acts across the province. “In areas like Mastung and Kalat, whenever forces take timely action against highway blockades, armed individuals quickly abandon the area,” he noted.

He explained that armed groups try to control certain sections of national highways temporarily, but due to quick response by security forces and police, significant damage has been prevented.

Commenting on the recent Zhob tragedy, Rind confirmed that the incident, where passengers were taken off buses and killed, occurred in the evening. He added that police and other security agencies had already intensified surveillance in sensitive locations, including Rarkan and Rarah Sham, and these efforts are now being expanded further.

Regarding the seven kidnapped individuals from Shaban, Shahid Rind clarified that the government only confirms deaths based on verified evidence. “The banned organization involved has accepted responsibility for the abductions, but just like in Musawir Khan Kakar’s case, we will rely on DNA confirmation before making any official statements,” he said.

Rind also mentioned that the Chief Minister Balochistan recently chaired a crucial meeting on law and order, where clear instructions were issued to improve the security situation across the province.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About the Author

Quetta Voice is an English Daily covering all unfolding political, economic and social issues relating to Balochistan, Pakistan's largest province in terms of area. QV's main focus is on stories related to education, promotion of quality education and publishing reports about out of school children in the province. QV has also a vigilant eye on health, climate change and other key sectors.